2 cups of rice (Uncle Ben)
1 large onion
2 large cloves of garlic
1 medium zucchini
1 medium carrot
1 medium eggplant
1 large tomato
1 cup of green beans
1 large green pepper
1 large yellow pepper
1 cup of sweet corn
1 cup of chopped mushrooms
1 cup of tomato juice
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of celery finely chopped
1 vegetable stock
4-5 cups of hot water
1 tsp of carry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
– Wash all vegetables very well and cut them into small cubes.
– Finely chop the onion and garlic and then put them in a sauce pan along with the olive oil. Leave for 2 – 4 minutes to tender.
– Then add the chopped zucchini, tomato, carrot, eggplant, green pepper, yellow pepper, celery and mushrooms. Leave for another 3 minutes to tender.
– Finally add the green beans and the sweet corn and all the seasoning (salt, pepper and carry powder).
– 4 minutes later add the rice along with the hot water the tomato juice and the vegetable stock.
– Leave it to simmer for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
– Taste to see whether cooked. If it needs put some more water.
Serve with yogurt and green salad.