Time to prepare: 1 hour
Time to cook: 1 hour and 15′
230 gr. American type rice
1 large onion
2 gloves of garlic
100 gr. small tomatoes
100 gr. cooked peppers
75 gr. green peas
250 gr. chicken breast cut into cubes
100 gr. cuttlefish
500 gr. pen shells
1/2 litre Hot vegetable stock
30 threads of saffron crocus
1 small hot pepper
1/2 cup parsley
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
– Wash and prepare accordingly all sea food.
– Pour a bit of oil in a sauce pan, half the garlic and a bit of parsley. Then put in the pen shells and the mussels. Cook for 5 minutes.
– Prepare the chicken. Cook chicken until it gets golden brown. Add salt and pepper, and keep it warm. Lightly cook the onion, the garlic and the hot pepper.
– Cook cuttlefish. Cut them into pieces (round shape) and lightly cook them in a sauce pan with a bit of olive oil. Then put in the small tomatoes, a bit of hot water (if needed) and salt. Cover the saucepan with a lid. Cook them for 20 minutes.
– Prepare the rice. Pour hot water on the green peas and then wash them with running water. In a saucepan lightly cook the rice with a bit of olive oil. Add the cuttlefish and the liquid from the pen shells and mussels.
– Finally add the peppers, the green peas, the saffron crocus (dissolved in water) and the 2/3 of vegetable stock. Cook for 10 minutes.
– Then put them in the oven for 10 minutes in 200 c. Add the chicken, all the sea food and the rest of vegetable stock and cook for further 5 minutes.
Serve as it is, putting a bit of chopped parsley on top.