This recipe is dedicated to my friend Carolina from Chile.
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup of unsalted butter
½ cup of granulated sugar
5 egg yolks
2 tablespoons of orange liqueur or brandy
1 tablespoon of plain flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to moderate (180ºc fan forced).
2. Grease 15cm square cake pan; line base with paper.
3. In a bowl put the chocolate, butter and sugar. Melt them in bain-marie. Leave to cool a bit, and then stir in the liqueur or brandy.
4. Beat lightly the 5 egg yolks and then add the sugar and vanilla extract.
5. Then Combine the chocolate mixture and the egg yolk mixture.
6. Spread mixture into pan; bake for 25-30 minutes in bain-marie*.
7. Stand cake 15 minutes; turn top-side up, onto a flat plate.
8. Serve with vanilla ice-cream, fruits, plain or cover with icing sugar.
* Bain-Marie technique used in the oven
Place cake pan in a deep square dish and set the dish on your oven rack. Fill the dish halfway with boiling water and then cook the whole dish in the oven.